Africa

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Alby the racist dragon!

(I couldn't think of an actual title for this one)

I have way too many friends... Actually I have way to many acquaintances... I love my friends, but I don't feel like I know them all that well, or like I feel I should... I have so many close-friends that I'm not really close to... I have so many friends that have so much to offer, but I just haven't given them the opportunity to give...

I'm gonna start (it's stinks because I'm about to leave for a month and a half, but I'll just pick up where I'll leave off) hanging out with my friends one-on-one more often... People are more open about life and about how they feel when they don't have the constant pressure of a group needing them to be happy, funny, and fine all the time... People are more willing to tell you how they actually feel when you actually want to know... I'm tired of this "Hey, how are you doing?" followed by a habitual "I'm great! How are you?" Followed by a "Great!.... See ya!" Why ask someone how they are doing if you really don't care to hear the answer... It's become a bad habit of our generation to greet someone with a "How are ya?" or a "How's life?"... If someone asks me how I am doing, I'm going to tell them... If I ask someone how they are doing it's because I really want to know... I do understand that some situations call for some restraint on how much you tell some body, but for the most part, it's time to actually care... Anyway, before I took the rabbit trail... I want to be more open to my friends and have them be more open with me... I want to start taking my friends to lunch, or going out to coffee with them or grabbing some breakfast with them, and really pore into to them and more importantly let them pore into me... 

I really just have a new love for "people"... I just want to love people, and spend (real) time with people, but before I can do that with people I don't know, I want to love and get to know my own friends... My own brothers and sisters... My own family!


To all of my friends that read this... I Love you

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you too, Lance. Lunch when you get back?