Africa

Monday, June 16, 2008

First Day on the Road!

Hello all!

We left Florida yesterday to embark on a journey of a lifetime. To Laugh. To Cry. To Breath. To Learn. And most of all to Love. (If you don't know about my trip, check out Behindthesignproject.com)

Matt and Paul left at 4:45am from Lakeland, Florida and picked me from Ocala at 8:00am. My stepdad, Dave, made us an amazing frenchtoast and cheese breakfast (don't knock it 'til you try it). We left my house around 8:45. We had a little trouble packing all of our junk. Paul didn't pack very much, but I think me and Matt have over packed. Or as I like to put it: Paul under-packed! and me and Matt are just right.

The trip was pretty easy, especially becausce we have three people to drive. But we did end up taking a detour through Savannah, Georgia.... We got a bunch of coupons for free stuff from Chik-fil-a, so we're doing everything we can to eat there so we don't have to buy food. So we found a "Chik-fil-a locater" on the internet and found one. The map wasn't drawn to scale so we were going way out of our way, but we figured it would be worth to save the money in the long run, BUT.... We realized that today is SUNDAY! and Chik-fil-a isn't open on Sunday! Oh well, good laughs and a good detour through Savannah, Georgia.

We're staying with Matt's parents in a lovely country log-cabin house that Matt's dad built himself. It's very beautiful and makes for a very nice beginning. Matt's dad is just like Matt, except very-very country! His mom is the sweetest country woman I've ever met. She's this stout blonde woman with a personality that doesn't seem like it could be contained in that body of hers. 

I took some pictures from iPhone, from the trip and our host home that I was going to upload on the blog, bug I'm having some trouble with the internet here, but there will be pictures soon. I plan on uploading iPhone pictures ever day that I can! So check back soon!

I love you,
-Lance




1 comment:

Lauren Ashlie said...

Yay! Sounds like you guys are having too much fun already! :)

I'm praying for you; be safe, be open to what the Holy Spirit is saying, and don't forget to cherish the small things.

Isaiah 1:17-18

~Lauren