Africa

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hello cyber-world,

Do you ever get the feeling that everything is out of order, that nothing feels right? And then in your confusion God wraps his arms around you and though you still can't find anything, you feel at peace? ...

Yeah, me too.

I'm in the middle of a tour with the Josh Hiers Band and everyday I'm learning to become more selfless... It's just part of the natural process of being with a large group, or rather a community, for a long amount of time... I think that's how God intended things. More and more I'm learning to die to myself and to serve others.

I so often forget to die to myself with my family and friends back home... I figure that I do it so much here on the road that surely I don't need to be selfless with those I care about back home... But as you might figure, that couldn't be more wrong.

So, to those I have neglected to call, and to those that I have neglected to keep in touch with and to follow your lives and to love your lives, and to those that in our conversations and in our relationships I have put myself before you, when I put my feelings before yours... Please forgive me.

God is placing me on the potters wheel... He is refining me and shaping me until there's nothing left of me... until all you can see is God's reflection.

-Lance

If you want more insightful blogs that challenge your life visit a friend of mine's blog.

2 comments:

Joel Matthew Sanders said...

That was legit Roger... thx bro

Cole NeSmith said...

miss you friend. Thanks for the call yesterday. And thanks for the love.