Africa

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Bitter Sweet

I'm becoming a bit home-sick, but am to thrilled to be doing what I'm doing to turn away.

Today was Eric's wedding. It was such a relief to see friends again. It may be just what I needed to finish my journey strong. God always comes through for me in the most meaningful ways. 

I went to Eric's wedding with the assumption that I'd get to hang-out and catch-up (and when I say "catch-up" I really mean catch-up; getting to know how their heart again, hearing their victories and their failures... etc) with my friends, only to realize that just a couple hours isn't enough time to catch up with just one friend. It was a bitter/sweet situation. It was so good to see good friends again, but it was so frustrating not to be able to hear their heart. But just being able to sit in the company with friends that have held my heart is enough to last me through the last stretch of my trip.

Peace and Love,
-Lance

No comments: