Africa

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Long time no see!

It's been quite some time since I've blogged...

There have been some big changes, and some not so big changes, and some things that never change.

I feel my heart is in a better place, although it's still a little heavy, it has never been better... It has never been so at peace, and yet in such turmoil... I'm am happy with where life is taking me... I learning new things, about myself, about my spirituality, and God... I'm meeting new people, wonderful meaningful people, with a world of great ideas to share with those that will slow down enough to listen, (luckily I've been blessed with a quick-brake-foot).../ Recently though, I find myself angry with people... I can't understand why the world is the way it is... Why the human race is so self-centered... But then I think back to my not so distant childhood... Was I so different? ... Have I even changed? If so, how do I get people to walk down the same avenue as I did? ... But still, everyday I see the light... I see some hope... Like when you look up, into the clouds as they try and hide the sun... You can still see the light as it breaks through, in long powerful beams, as though it had no choice but to fall to the ground... And you know on the other side that something powerful is waiting... I see faces that tell tell stories of broken pasts and distant futures, but eyes full of hope and love... I see the light!

I'm starting to read again, which is probably why I'm starting to blog again... By the way, I'm sorry if this blog sounds a little fake, maybe I'm trying to hard to be deep... I'm still learning how to express myself in words... But what's the error in trying to explain things beyond surface value?

In a couple of weeks I am about to venture out on a journey that excites me, and scares me to death (behindthesignproject.com)... But I know I am not supposed to live in a spirit of fear... I can't help but realize that we are in over our heads, and find myself questioning if we are really in the will of God... But then I realized that God does not call us to things that we can easily accomplish... He calls calls us to the impossible... He calls us to a place where we must rely on Him!

On a lighter note... Next semester I plan on getting one of these: 

No comments: